What are the important differences between C++ and Java
1. Java is platform independent. C++ is not platform independent.
2. Java & C++ are both NOT pure Object Oriented Languages. However, Java is more purer Object Oriented Language (except for primitive variables). In C++, one can write structural programs without using objects.
3. C++ has pointers (access to internal memory). Java has no concept called pointers.
4. In C++, programmer has to handle memory management. A programmer has to write code to remove an object from memory. In Java, JVM takes care of removing objects from memory using a process called Garbage Collection.
5. C++ supports Multiple Inheritance. Java does not support Multiple Inheritance.